trading

trading

Sunday 28 July 2019

"We mustn’t give up. Ever.”

“How much of what I know, what I’ve been culturally attuned to believe, feels like the set of a play on a strange stage I’ve wandered onto without knowing why I’m here. I don’t know the lines, I don’t know what part I’m playing, I don’t even know what the play’s about or what it’s called. I’m just here onstage, stuck in a dream, lights shining in my eyes. Is anyone out there watching? The play stumbles ahead, feels like artifice, mistakes, frippery, an endless series of false starts, bad assumptions, all the while shadowed with the constant horror that something unforeseen could drop down on me from above or lurch in from the wings at any moment, that the floor could open beneath me and instantly erase even this small, pitiful existence, put out the lights for good...There’s only one redeeming feeling I can cling to...when it’s all stripped away and you realise you’re the only one who can put the pieces of yourself together, by yourself, alone...I’m noticing it has a tendency to focus and sharpen the mind, and strengthen the will to live constantly with all my senses wide-open to the here and now. One clear idea emerges from that crucible...We mustn’t give up. Ever.” - Mark Frost in Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier

No comments:

Post a Comment