trading

trading

Thursday 22 September 2011

Reflection.

Don Quixote, despite being delusional, saw in people more than they ever possessed. He meets Aldonnza, a farm girl (a woman of the “oldest profession”) and, either blinded by love or insanity (probably both), he sees only a lady in her, and starts treating her like one, calling her by another name, Ducinea. She knows that she doesn’t deserve this treatment, but she starts believing him, and this belief transforms her into a different person – she aspires to be the person Don Quixote sees in her. My grandmother was like Don Quixote: she always saw a much greater person in me, though I rarely deserved it (she really had a rich imagination); and I tried to rise to become what she saw. Now that I’m a father of two wonderful men, I do the same for them. The little things we say to our kids and others really do matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment