trading

trading

Saturday 12 March 2011

Passion

This blog intention is to help focus and capture the thinking and doing of an experienced trader and help few people in the process. This is a selfish affair as I have noticed in my life when I focus on helping others my life just flows, and at other times when I focus exclusively on myself everything is hard for me.
I've been around the block a few times, and been trading for over 15 years, made thousands of trades, and made and lost millions of dollars in the process. Over the years, I have had my share of hundred thousand dollars up days but, unfortunately, I have also suffered through periods of harsh failure during which I have lost essentially everything. There are some fundamental truths that are straightforward, but take one long time to internalize and use for one's own good. Follow the trend, let your profits run, cut your losses while small, and manage your money so you can stay in the game long enough to make significant money, are few truths we need to learn.
One needs to keep in mind that one will never reach a true understanding of anything just by being told by another, no mater who does the telling. You can only truly understand, and thus have faith in truth of your understanding, when you see and experience for yourself.
You are going to have to do it your way. No other way, until you learn to do it the way, which is a process of trying your way and failing, and not giving up.
I can only hope to help some of you in your process towards your fullest potential.

A Passion for the Truth is the key element of a sound approach to trading and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment